Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stuck in the Mud / Recipe Time

Plateaus are probably the one major reason people fail at losing weight. I am at another Plateau however my resolve is strong and I will crash through this wall again and as many times as I have to to make my goal. Yesterday I had a gentleman tell me he did not think I needed the surgery, that if I went on the eating plan he did I would lose the weight. Now I know he was just trying to help, but I saw in his face the old fears of bariatric surgery. It was once a new surgery and like all new procedures there were things to work out and improve. With today's technology and skilled surgeons it is safer than ever before. open heart surgery went through the same trial and error as did every other surgery, With today's laproscopic surgery's there is less trauma to the body which adds up to shorter recovery time and less chance of infections. Now you will notice I said less, there are still some chance of a problem however there is a chance that you will get run over by a bus also but does that make you stay inside? My friend said yesterday that his plan was 10% protein, 10 % fay, and 80% simple carbs. Well that is backward to what I have studied but hey it is working for him and that is great. but there is a difference in having 50 pounds to loose and having 350 pounds to lose. Each of us are different so I say do what best works for you, as long as it does not hurt the body while your doing it.

Well it has been three months now that I got serious about this weight loss and gave up all processed flour, potatoes, added sugar or sugar substitute. My tastebuds have come back to life and I feel better also. You may think you need that pasta or bread but I found out you really don't. My salads are plain, no dressings and they taste great matter of fact before I never could taste anything but the dressing.  I used bread like another utensil, bread in one hand and a fork in another eating four or five slices at a time. know I just use the utensils at the side of the plate and I do not crave bread at all. The lord is great. Friday I went to pick up meds and decided to make myself walk down he snack isle, you know the one with candy, chips, and popcorn's. By the time I got to the end I was actually nausea's from the sweet smell. That is a sure deterrent in my book. So I went and purchased some nice Sole, and fresh fruit and had  great supper. 

We had a baptism in one of our local churches last evening and then a potluck supper afterwards, now I grant you there are little choices at our potlucks for me but the great fellowship makes up for the limited choices of food. So last night I decided I would take a fresh fruit salad and be different. Well I guess everyone else had the same Idea because there were 4 or 5 fruit salads and even a couple fruit pizzas, I had some fruit and veggies and had a great time, Thank you Cedaredge for being a wonderful host.

I still have not received any recipe ideas so I will have to give you one of my own. I am working on making my creamy chicken enchiladas a little more healthy so I will be posting that soon also. 

Recipe:


Tangy Ranch Chicken

2/3 cup ranch dressing (low fat or fat free) But watch out for added sugar.
1/3 cup yellow mustard
¼ cup brown sugar (try using splenda instead with some maple or walnut flavoring)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast (make sure to always use skinless chicken, you would be surprised how much you save on fat and calories if you do)


mix dressing, mustard, and sugar. Coat chicken with 2/3 of sauce. Marinate for at least 30 min in fridge. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 25 min or till done. Use rest of sauce to serve with chicken.  May be grilled or broiled.

This was actually a tasty meal that everyone enjoyed, serve with 1/2 cup Brown rice and some great greens. YUM!

I am trying to get my camera back so I can add some pictures to this also.

Have a great week

May the Lord walk by your side always


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment