Monday, August 22, 2011

Getting Back On Track

Getting back on track when you feel good is hard enough but when you still feel bad it can be even tougher. I am out of hospital 3 days now but still on high dose of antibiotic. 1000 mg Augmentin 2 times a day. Still feel weak. Tired all the time. But this is no time to throw in the towel. I do what I can, watch what I eat and continue down this journey at the pace my body will allow at this time.

I freaked out when I got on the scale after coming home. I had gained 16 pounds. But luckily it was the fluids they were pushing on me. Many, Many trips to the rest room and those pounds disappeared quickly. As of this morning I am down another 3 or 4 pounds. Total of 52 which means I am over half way to surgery goal. I am 2 weeks behind my original schedule but what I just went through I will gladly except that.

I do have to make mention the care that I received at hospital. The Nursing staff and Aides were great. They made a not so great situation a little more tolerable. I have been in places where the staff only made the circumstance worse. Thank you to all of you for your kind and caring attitudes.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment