Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Long Hot Day But Eventful

So I do not know exactly how hot it got but it was HOT. Made walking harder today but I got most of it in and I will finish up after church. It will be cooler then anyway. The eventful part of my day is I had an appointment with my State Farm agent that I was not especially thrilled about but when I left his office I will pay $110 less a year for Insurance. I was Insurance poor and did not need what I had. Yippee!


So let me try to explain in my terms, what I understand about your BMI. Your BMI is Body Mass Index, in laymen terms it is how much fat you are carrying.These are the guide numbers to see where you are at.

          Underweight: Less Than 18.5                               
          "Normal":  Between 18.5 - 24.9                             
           Overweight: Between  25 - 29.9                          
           Obese: Between 30 - 34.9
           Morbid Obese: Between 35 - 50
           Super Obese: Anything over 50


I fall in the most dangerous category Super Obese. The higher you are the more at risk you are for things like Heart Disease, Stroke, Diabetes, Liver Damage.


Here is the calculation to figure your BMI:
Your Weight divided by (Your Height X Your Height) X 703

Here is how mine looks:                                                              513 / (71.5 x 71.5) X 703 or 513 X 5112.25 X 703 = 70.54
            (5112.25)

My BMI is 70.54 but the good news is it is falling. It has drooped 3 points in about a month so that is good.

So I hope this has helped you understand the BMI that you hear about.

I just want to thank all of you for your support. It makes the work that goes into this easier.

reference material: The expert's guide to weight loss surgery by Dr Garth Davis.

Stress Reducers:
Deep Breathing
Going for a walk in nature
Blogging

Words of Wisdom:
One's true worth as a human being is not a matter of outward appearance or title but derives from the breadth of one's spirit. Everything comes down to faith and conviction. It is what is in one's heart and the substance of one's actions that count.



May The Lord Bless Each of you As You Travel In HIS Guidance

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment