Friday, July 8, 2011

And The Road Contiues

Hello all. Well I went to my first support group last night and guess what? I am not the only person with this weight problem! OK so I really didn't think I was but to hear stories that were similar to mine helped a lot. So here is some unsolicatated advice, if you are struggling with anything in life find a support group that handles that problem and GO! It will not come to you and who knows you may feel better for the first time in a long time.


So I have completed all but about three appointments now. All the pocking and prodding is done but I will tell you this, the short time it took even though uncomfortable at times, is nothing to the years I have suffered through with this weight. If your only reason for not doing this, if you are thinking about it is the testing and being poked; get in there and go for it. I believe the results will be worth it.


Words of Wisdom:
Even if you have a kind heart, great ideas, or wonderful aspirations, without the courage to translate them into action, you’ll be no different from someone who doesn’t have any such things at all.


Stress Reducers:
Attend a Support Group
Make new friends
Share your story and feelings


About Me:
Goals:
Going back to Work!
Being able to enjoy the outdoors like I once did


I do not remember where we left it but let me tell you about traveling. I have lived in Arizona, Chandler and Tempe. worked in restaurants and painted houses there. Loved the weather there. I use to handle the heat much better than the cold. I do not know if that is true anymore because I get overheated pretty easy anymore. I lived in Texas, Plano and Garland. Worked as a private security officer, reached the rank of Captain. But because of my weight the company would not promote me any higher. I visited Tennessee for a few months. did a lot of odd jobs there. learned how to fit pipe for natural gas needs. In Washington I went to college and worked in a french fry factor. In Colorado I have worked as a staff member of a residents care facility reaching the positions of program manager. That is when I got hurt and had to go on disability. I have also worked on an ambulance, nursing homes, city jobs/ light and power and streets, just to many to remember really. You know the saying "Jack of all trades, Master of none". Well I don't like to make these to long so bye for now. Keep fighting the good fight, never give up never surrender.


May the LORD bless all of you in you walk through this crazy thing called LIFE!


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment