Thursday, January 19, 2012

Stranger Than Life

Talk about Feeling strange, I started getting this real bad feeling last night almost black that this surgery was not going to end well. I don't know why but it is gone today. Was really freaking me out for a while. I know there are risks and for me high risks but I think my sister hit the nail on the head when she said, "there comes a time when you become tired of being fat". That's the truth.

So I could back out but I am not. I know this is my chance to get healthier and maybe the last chance. So I wait to here from the clinic. Sounds like more tests have to be done, another EKG, blood work and a couple others. So we sojourn forward ever forward, diligent and ever faithful that this is the best for me.

So now I will add, I got the notice this afternoon. I start the preop diet on Jan 21, I have my preop class and appointments on the 26 and the surgery on Jan 31st. So we are officially of to the races. Hooray 



3 comments:

  1. Awsome! Way to go, Tom! So proud of you my friend... you have worked so hard just to get to this point, I know you will be successful! We will be keeping you in our prayers and please let us know if you need anything!!!
    All the best, Ken & Julie Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck Tom...I had the same surgery on 10/11/2001...even though there are many risk with this surgery they have made alot of improvements since I had it...it is a hard recovery...please stay strong and everything will turn out great...once you start dropping the wait it will be worth it...take care...Trish Palleschi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a big thank you to both of you. I am a little nervous but know it will be ok. Do not know what happened yesterday. forgot to blog. Duh!

    ReplyDelete