Sunday, February 19, 2012

Good Sunday Morning & A Recipe

Today it is around 9:30 am MST in US and 40 degrees. That is a chilli 40 if I do say so. lol I am going to get some yard work in before the snow flies so I will be back latter to add to this. Have a good day and I will catch you later.

OK so I am back. I have to laugh. I added adsence to this blog and so I get paid for clicks. even when people don't buy anything I get paid just for people looking. Anyway I have had it up about a week I think and have had one click which made me 89 cents. Watch out Bill Gates here I come. LOL

But serious now things are going well. I have lost about a pound a day since leaving the Hospital. I am down to 414 So that is  157 pounds. I have lost one person. Now one more and it will just be me. :)


So it feels a lot colder but says it is two degrees higher now. UMMM I do not know about that. bumped up my walking today to 2.6 miles a day today. The walk-a-thon is 3 miles so I should do fine by then. So have a great day and here are some recipes.




Low-Fat Quiche

Ingredients:
2 oz Low Fat Swiss Cheese
2 cups Low Fat Cottage Cheese (Nordica is what I find works best) Blue Carton
2 oz Turkey Pastrami or a Vegetarian Sub like Wham.
1 small onion-Chopped
3 egg whites + 1 egg yolk beaten with 1/8 tsp salt or sub.
2 oz low-fat cheddar cheese or2 oz 2% cheese
2 TBL grated Parmesan cheese
Pepper if desired. Mrs Dash is a added taste instead of pepper.


Preparations:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Spray a pie pan with Non-Stick coating (PAM)
  3. In a med bowl mix Cottage cheese and meat or sub.
  4. Place Swiss cheese in bottom of dish.
  5. Pour Cottage cheese mixture on top.
  6. In a small skillet, spray with non-stick spray. Saute onions until light browned (caramelized), Place on top of Cottage cheese mixture.
  7. Pour egg mixture over this, sprinkle Parm and cheddar cheese over the intire quiche.
  8. Bake about 40 – 50 minutes, edges should be lightly browned.
  9. Cool 15 minutes and serve.

This can be served in a low-fat pie crust but I chose not to. 1/8 slice per serving. (for bariatric persons)

I always believe in making a recipe your own so play with this and let me know how it turned out.

------------------------------------------------------------------
 


Vegetarian Chili
(Plain & Simple)

Ingredients:
1 (12 oz) bag frozen Morning Star Farms Ground Sausage
(Safeway has a brand that is not frozen that I find much better)
1 (14.5 oz) canned diced tomatoes (I use the Italian style)
1 (15 oz) can of Dark Kidney Beans
1 (15 oz) can of Black Beans. (can use your preference, Ranch-pinto-chili)
1 package chili seasoning. (use to your taste preference)

Preparation:
  1. Lightly spray Crock Pot with non-stick spray
  2. Add meat sub, beans, tomatoes, and chili seasoning w/ ½ cup water
  3. Cover and let cook 2 to 6 hours on low.
  4. Can be served with shredded cheese, low fat sour cream or sugar free yogurt.

Sore or freeze left overs. Keeps well refrigerated.



 May the Lord continue to bless you each day!

Tom

1 comment:

  1. The recipes are a nice touch to your blog. Chili sounds good on a cold, windy day like today.

    ReplyDelete