Monday, October 24, 2011

Trying to Get Back in the Saddle!

Hello Old Friend, and to all of you. It has been awhile. My Brother passed away last week after a short battle with lung cancer so I have not really been in the writing mood. I can say the good news to this whole ordeal has been I did not turn to food for comfort. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to real bad. But I chose not to. That is a big step, believe me. 

So for this first blog in a long time I will dedicate to the Memory of my Brother: Robert Wayne Simmons. Born September 19, 1950, Passed on October 16, 2011. He had lung cancer, emphasema, and mold in his lungs. The mold, from what I understand is what got him. His lungs were just to weak to fight off the infection.  


A Vietnam Veteran (Medical Core), Firefighter in Neosho MO., Truck Driver and Mechanic for the last several years. Father of five children, One son by a previous marriage who lives in New Zealand now. Three sons and one daughter all living in Washington. Funeral servises were held today in Connell Washington.  He was preceaded in Death By his Father, all Grandparents and two infant sibling members. 


We pray for comfort and peace among the family members. 


Have a good night and will be back tomorrow and on down the road.


Tom





No comments:

Post a Comment